Standard program categories are:
- Health and Human Services. This includes health-related organizations such as the American Heart Association, the Leukemia Society, the United Way and its member agencies, and other organizations that support aid to the disabled, youth groups and senior citizen services.
- Education. This includes day care facilities; pre-collegiate (K-12 grades); community colleges, colleges, universities, graduate schools; agencies promoting educational access; safety education; and literacy training.
- Civic and Community. This includes housing and economic development organizations; neighborhood groups; environment and public policy organizations; government groups; law and justice organizations; job training and skill development programs.
- Arts and Culture. This category includes cultural centers, museums, libraries, botanical gardens and zoos; public radio and television; arts education programs.
The PMI Foundation does not accept requests for the following purposes:
- Fraternal, veteran, labor, athletic or religious organizations serving a limited constituency.
- Political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of a particular individual.
- Travel funds.
- Films, videotapes or audio productions.
Download Foundation Guidelines