- Organizations requesting grants must be nonprofit organizations that have been granted a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt and public charity status by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Requests must target disadvantaged, poor and distressed populations.
- Requests must either focus on increasing affordable housing opportunities or directly contribute to the quality of life in under-served communities.
Requirements for Grant Requests
The following information is required to submit a grant request to The PMI Foundation:
- A summary of the request, not to exceed two pages.
- A copy of the 501(c)(3) letter with the organization's federal tax ID number.
- A completed W-9 form.
- The group's name, address, phone number and contact person.
- A brief statement outlining the proposed program, project or activity, and how its programs are compatible with The Foundation objectives.
- A brief statement of the history, purpose and goals of the applicant group, including number of members, constituents served, and use of volunteers.*
- A statement on the applicant's qualification to undertake the proposal.*
- A copy of the group's most recent audited financial statement (or for new nonprofits, a letter indicating their ability to maintain adequate financial and accounting records).*
- A copy of the nonprofit's annual report.*
- A list of the board of directors and their affiliations.*
- A brief statement about the qualifications of the key project staff and chief executive officer.*
- A list of other donors, e.g., United Way, government sources, and other Foundations for the previous year, indicating amounts given.*
*Most of these items can be found in the organization's annual report.
Download Foundation Guidelines